Get Your Portfolio Reviewed by HDco!
Feeling like you're ready to kick your work up a notch?
Apply to get your portfolio reviewed by creative professionals & chat 'em up for tips.
Next Portfolio Review Night: DESIGN • April 13, 3-5pm
Are you a college student who needs a second opinion on your work before you apply to jobs?
Do you need to get some practice interviewing in a low-pressure environment?
Is your work just really badass and you wanna show it off?
An HDco Portfolio Review sounds like the place for you!
How It Works:
1. Apply & come show us what you've got
- Send in your application below
- If you're accepted, come to the HDco studio on April 13th from 3-5pm to present your work to the HDco team, one at a time
2. Get ready for some feedback & advice
- Each HDco pro will give you feedback as well as a take-home report card with suggestions on how you could improve
- Expect feedback on your professionalism, presentation, quality of work, print portfolio, and website
- Each of us will fill out a feedback form that you'll collect at the end of the evening
3. Ask questions at the roundtable discussion afterward to compare notes.
- After each student has interviewed with all three team members, we'll get together to decompress and talk it out
Here are just a few things to know before you apply:
You must be at least a junior in college to apply
You must have at least 12 completed pieces of work to show (can be a combination of print and digital)
We only have room for 6 students per portfolio review (so apply ASAP)
What We'll Evaluate:
We'll be looking out for typical factors that go into hiring decisions and quality checks, like your professionalism, speaking ability, and quality of work
Come with a professional attitude and dress appropriately (you'll get feedback on your personal presentation, so be prepared!)
Be ready to ask, discuss & be respectful of other students' work
You will be showing your work to 3 different creative professionals from 3 different backgrounds
How to Prepare:
Apply below, then bring the following night-of:
Three printed copies of your resume
A printed or bound portfolio if applicable
Your working website URL and any other web links to be digitally reviewed
Each portfolio review night is focused on one field, so only apply to the one you're in!
Any printed work must be presented in a professional manner (a book, binder, etc.)
Next Portfolio Review: April 13th, 3-5pm: DESIGN
What are you waiting for? Come get some feedback!
Got questions? Maddy@hootdesignco.com has answers!