Ever taken an online quiz?
Of course you have.
Online quizzes are everywhere.
Most likely you've seen your Facebook timeline fill up with "Which Game of Thrones House Are You In?" (Stark, of course) or "Which Chipotle Order Matches Your Personality?"
Quizzes are fun. But more importantly, they're valuable.
Lead generation quizzes can not only build your brand awareness, they can take you to your dream customer's virtual doorstep.
Quizzes are an incredibly effective tool for capturing leads.
Using quiz-building tools (you can find many options online—we like Interact) you can easily make a branded quiz that speaks to your potential customers and reflects your mission.
So, you know you need to capture those leads—but what makes quizzes so special?
Read on to find out!
Five ways quizzes work overtime to generate leads:
Quizzes showcase your expertise
- Creating a fun, informative experience (like a quiz!) builds trust in your company—clearly you know your stuff!
Quizzes flatter your potential clients
- Everyone wants to find out more about what makes them unique. Creating an experience that speaks directly to that drive shows a potential client that you're interested in what makes them special.
Quizzes let you captivate people who are already interested in what you offer.
- Clients that have opted-in are 28 times more likely to stay in contact with you than someone is to reach out on to make contact on their own. That's huge!
Quizzes are easy to distribute
- Got a quiz? Send a link! Distributing quizzes through social media and your email list are quick, painless ways to get your content out there. In fact, 1 out of 20 people who see your quiz on Facebook will become leads.
Quizzes have high conversion rates (think 50%!)
- Actually capturing a passive audience member's contact information can be hard. You've got great blog content? Good for you—you've got eyes on your website. Now you need to have a way to contact them.
- Opt-ins like free downloads that lead to a mailing list are a great example of an effective lead generator—and quizzes are just as effective, if not more.
- Because your audience is already interacting with your content in a quiz (instead of just reading it in a blog post, for example), they're already participating in a conversation with you. Clicking their mouse and typing in letters are easy, since they're already clicking through each question: and, in fact, Interact has seen opt-in rates as high as 50%.
But how do you actually take your content and turn it into a great quiz?
The key is going to be creating a fun, interactive experience that is unique to your business—which can be more difficult than it sounds. But the payoff is worth the work.
After creating a few quizzes ourselves with the folks at Interact, we've got some major tips to help you out:
4 tips for creating the perfect lead generating quiz:
1. Showcase your company's most important value
Ensuring your quiz is on-brand with your business' mission and character is essential. For example, it just wouldn't make any sense for a computer repair shop to release a quiz about what your Instagram feed says about your personality. Keep it simple and true. This quiz is key to defining your values as a company.
2. Keep it short and engaging
To keep your reader engaged through the whole experience (and get them to the last step—giving you their email) it's important to keep the format quick and light.
About eight to ten questions is a nice rule of thumb: long enough to be engaging, but short enough that it's not a big time investment.
3. Use images
Using pictures as options users can choose from helps switch up your quiz's appearance and keep the reader interested. Sites like Pexels and Unsplash are perfect destinations to find free, gorgeous stock photos to improve your quiz.
4. Capture that email!
Heads up: Capturing your reader's email is THE most important part of your quiz. It's why you're putting in all that work in the first place! Finding a quiz-making service that allows you to capture emails is the bridge that transforms a fun experience to a worthwhile conversion.
Ready to take the quiz yourself?
With these tips, you have the tools to turn leads into sales. All you need to do is find a quiz maker that's right for you. We partnered with Interact to bring you this quiz—and are so happy with the results.
Now, what's your brand archetype?
Are you the virtuous Mother Earth? The energetic Troubadour? The prideful Patriarch?
Find out what YOUR brand's best and strongest values are!
Quizzes are a great way to collect leads and drive conversions. This guide will help you create an on-brand and strategic quiz for all of your biz needs. Happy quiz building!
Hoot Design Co. is a marketing, branding, and design agency located in Columbia, MO. We specialize in creating a custom and comprehensive marketing strategy centered around your business's unique strengths and educating you with the tools you need from day one. From logo design to branding, website design and execution, and ongoing social media marketing and content marketing strategies in-person and through online courses, we're focused on your business success every step of the way.